We would describe ourselves as an Evangelical Church.
Evangelical means “Good News”. We believe and preach that God sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world, 1John 4:14.
Here are some of our basic beliefs. These would be commonly held by evangelicals world-wide.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, 2Timothy 3:16.
It is different from every other book, Hebrews 4:12.
- We preach the Gospel, good news, that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like us, 1Timothy 1:15.
- Man can be made right with God (Justified) only through faith in Jesus Christ, John 3:16; Romans 5:1. No amount of religious duties or moral behaviour can build us points with God, Galatians 2:16.
- When a person repents of their sins and puts their trust in Jesus Christ, they will be baptised as Jesus commanded, Mathew 28:19.
- After that they should be faithful in prayer and Bible reading and gather with the Christians in a local church, Colossians 4:2; 1Peter 2:2; 2Timothy 1:9; Hebrews 10:25.
- We meet regularly for worship, Bible study, prayer and outreach, Acts 2:42.
- We believe in the soon return of Jesus Christ to take all believers in Him to Heaven, John 14:3; 1Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- There are elders (mature Christians) who are appointed to oversee the various activities and to provide pastoral care to the congregation, Acts 20:17; James 5:14.